PROJECTS AT HOLY NAME
COMPLETED PROJECTS 2019
As we reflect on the year past much has been achieved to ensure that our school is moving forward to a sustainable and well-resourced future. We acknowledge the generous, financial contribution of our P&F toward some of these projects. We say thank you. We have:
- Fully air-conditioned Holy Name to begin the school year.
- Created a new learning space for Yr 2 (old music room)
- Build a new Sports / storage shed on the oval
- Installed seating (sandstone blocks), edging with decorative pebbles at the veranda of MEAC.
- Installed two new electronic whiteboards (new classroom and library)
- Refurbished 2 classroom spaces
- Continual upgrade in the Prep outdoor learning area with extra cement area and extended the artificial grass area.
- Purchased IT equipment: 20 laptops, 15 iPads, 4 mobile laptop trollies
- Upgraded school signage
MAJOR PROJECTS 2020
- A total internal refurbishment of our Prep classroom
- Minor refurbishment of the staff room
- Minor refurbishment of the break-out room for learning support
- Purchase 20 laptops
- Purchase 10 iPads
- Purchase technology for our eLearning curriculum
- Purchase sport / activity equipment to support our PMP for the early years.
- Purchase new tables for the Prep classroom.
Thank you to our consultative groups, School Board, P&F and school staff as we worked together collaboratively to plan these projects to enhance the learning environment and facilities at Holy Name.
HOLY NAME CHRISTMAS CONCERT and P&F CHRISTMAS PARTY – Thursday 28th November
The Christmas Musical is on Thursday, November 28 commencing at 6pm. All students are well prepared under the expert guidance of Mrs Coggan and Mrs Hughes. Our staff have worked together as a team, from organizing costumes and props to the dedicated practises of all parts to ensure a top performance by our students. This is true team efficacy in action. Well done to the entire staff of Holy Name. All students from Prep to Yr 6 have a part in the play and I assure you they will enjoy performing for you, their parents and families. Students are to meet their teachers in the hall (MEAC) at 5.45pm. The hall will be locked until 6pm. I ask parents to abide by the request ‘not to enter the hall until the doors are open at 6pm.’ This is necessary as the props, sound, stage is all set up in readiness to begin the play. All families are encouraged and invited to be here to make this a great community event for Holy Name. Our community spirit can only grow through each family getting to know each other.
P&F CHRISTMAS PARTY
The P&F will host their annual Christmas BBQ and refreshments commencing at 5pm to provide an evening of family dinner and fun as we all enjoy the Christmas Play. The P&F would appreciate many helpers to set up, serve and pack-up as the evening ends. Families, grandparents and friends are all invited to enjoy this wonderful evening.
BACK TO SCHOOL UNIFORM SHOP OPENING HOURS
22nd January Wednesday: 1pm - 4pm
23rd January Thursday: 1pm - 4pm
24th January Friday: 9am - 12pm
28th January Tuesday: 8.30 - 9.30am
After this time the Uniform Shop will revert to normal hours of operation (click here)
ENROLMENTS FOR PREP 2020
We are enrolling for Prep 2020. Please assist your school by encouraging friends and family to enrol at Holy Name. We do have vacancies in Prep for 2020 but spaces do fill quickly at this point in the year. We also have some small classes throughout the school where additional enrolments could be accepted. Please spread your accolades about Holy Name to friends and family, encouraging them to enquire and enrol at Holy Name. Our goal is to increase our school enrolment. At present, we have an enrolment of 147. We need your help to grow our school.